As Rob explained in February, you can get Clubcard points as an E.ON customer. Usually you earn 1500 E.ON Rewards Points per year and can then exchange them for Tesco Clubcard points at 1:1. There is also an option to exchange them for Bonusbond shopping vouchers at 1p per point which is a far worse deal.
Currently E.ON is offering an 18 month fixed tariff and giving customers 5000 extra Rewards Points when choosing this tariff for gas and electricity (2500 for electricity only).
This would convert into 5000 Clubcard points – not a bad extra incentive.
This offer runs until 26th April.
This is what you need to know:
- this tariff protects you from price changes for 18 months
- the tariff is cheaper than E.ON’s standard price tariff
- you can either get dual fuel or electricity only
- the bonus points are rewarded within 28 days of being on supply
- you will receive your standard E.ON Rewards points – which is another 1500 Rewards Points per year (remember to sign up for E.ON Rewards as you must opt-in). These can be converted into 1500 Clubcard points.
- if you leave before the end date you need to pay £30 per fuel to break your contract
- you save an additional £20 per year if you choose dual fuel
- you save an additional £10 per year if you choose paperless billing
Obviously you should get quotes from various energy suppliers before signing up as well as checking any break costs in your current deal. Your fuel bill is a major expense and your primary focus should be on getting the best price without being swayed by any rewards.
To be honest, the feedback I have seen on this deal to date is not great with many people finding it noticeably higher than their existing tariff. It depends on who is currently supplying your fuel and your view on whether locking into an 18 month fixed price deal is a good one or not.
This offer runs until 26th April with the possibility of it being withdrawn sooner if demand is high.Want to earn more Clubcard or Nectar points? Click here to visit the Shopper Points home page for the latest news and offers. Come back every day for new deals or join our email list.
Do you earn Clubcard or Nectar points from your credit card?. If not, you're missing out. We review the best options in this article.
Do you convert Clubcard points into Avios or Virgin Flying Club? If you do, visit our sister site, Head for Points, which is full of tips for maximising your frequent flyer miles.