Limited Time – Caffe Nero Nectar redemption 400 points for two drinks!

We’ve discussed in previous posts that Caffe Nero is one of the better Nectar redemption partners.

For 350 Nectar points you can get a:

• Tea
  • Frappe Milkshake
  • Frappe Latte
  • Frappe Crème
  • Fruit Booster
  • Italian Iced Lemonade

at a Caffe Nero store.  ANY size, not just small.

This is definitely better value than using your points at Sainsbury’s.  With some of the frappe drinks you may be hitting £3 for a large size which is more than 0.8p per Nectar point.

There is a special offer this February

I’ve received an email from Nectar a few days ago saying I can get two drinks for 400 Nectar points.

Nectar points caffe nero 400 points 2 drinks

If you click on the ‘get voucher code’ button on the Caffe Nero/Nectar page  you will see this:

Which means you don’t actually have to pay for two drinks for 400 points.  In practice you can exchange 200 points for one coffee.

Vouchers are valid for 12 months so you have plenty of time to use them.  1.5p of value per Nectar point is easily achieved as you can order any size of drink you want.

The Caffe Nero/Nectar page states that this offer is valid until 28th February. The question is whether the redemption rate will go back to 350 Nectar points per coffee or stay at 400 points ……

Comments

1. Thanks, Anika. A good use of Nectar points.

Their T+Cs need amending, though. From the e-mail redemption:
    ‘4. Voucher codes are valid until 30th April 2017’

😀

• Nick Burch says:

I’ve just redeemed a bunch for 200 points, and those all come through saying “Expires 01 Jul 2019”, so it seems the dates really are all over the place!

2. Duncan Stevenson-Price says:

This is a nice redemption. I’m not a big fan of Nectar really, but I could use this!

Do you know if the voucher gets added digitally to your Caffe Nero app, or if you have to get a stupid paper voucher?

• Not as far as I’m aware. If you’ve got the nectar app they get added to that with a QR code. Otherwise same QR code is also sent in an email

3. Simon Cross says:

Just done this – relatively easy but somewhat confusing in that the voucher youare emailed still says 350 points on it but on checking my Nectar account I was indeed only charged 200 points.

Yes – a good use of the points which otherwise are comparatively useless when compared to Tesco

4. Andrew (@andrewseftel) says:

The valuation seems a bit toppy given that Caffe Nero is on permanent 2-4-1 in the Virgin Red app.

5. There’s a free drink offer through their mobile app, courtesy of HUKD https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-hot-drink-any-size-with-promo-code-in-caffe-nero-app-2889923

6. @alastairtravel says:

Can be done straight through the Nectar App – saves messing around with email codes.
    200 points per voucher / July 19 expiry = good use of Nectar points for me

7. Anyone got a good idea for spending over 50 thou Nectar points? A nice problem to have I know but I have a bunch from various Amex promotions and other than the odd thousand spent on pizza or a cup of coffee saving not a lot I can’t see any real value beyond reducing my shopping bill at 0.5p per point which feels like its too cheap a redemption.

8. john kelly says:

took my voucher printout into Nero, today and they would not exept it, they said they need to see the code, that they have changed the rules. i have have been taking the vouches in for about twelve months, never had a problem before.

• That’s really annoying. On the Nectar page it says ‘Your voucher codes will be sent to your email. No need to print.’ I would intrepret this as you can print it but don’t need to…

• john kelly says:

Thank,s for the reply. I took the same voucher into the Caffe Nero in Liverpool today, they took the voucher, no problem and the service was very good, it must depend on which Caffe Nero you use?